This two-day programme will train delegates in the skills of robust model building. Delegates will progressively build an integrated balance sheet, pofit and loss, and cash flow forecasting model, suitable for project finance analysis, company valuation, debt structuring and capital structure optimisation. The training will develop Excel skills to allow delegates to develop rigorous financial models and be in a position to get the most out of the peer/third party models.
A number of key skills will be assessed:
- Learning faster and more efficient ways to use Excel tools for modelling
- Scenario management techniques
- Switches and text strings to make models clear and flexible
- Data validation to control inputs
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Be faster and more efficient in the use of the Excel tools used in modelling
- Have a clear method for building reliable, robust and flexible models
- Understand design principles and best practice
- Be efficient in spotting inconsistencies when auditing other people’s financial models
- Have a set of tools for analysing and sensitising financial models
Who should attend?
This course is an excellent development tool for accountants who are expected to be or are involved in any type of financial modelling and forecasting.