This programme will train delegates in the skills of robust model building. The programme assumes basic competency in Excel and accounting.
Delegates will progressively build an integrated balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow forecasting model, suitable for: budgeting company analysis and valuation; debt structuring; and capital structure optimisation.
The training will develop Excel skills to allow delegates to develop rigorous financial models and be in a position to get the most out of the peer/third party models. A number of key skills will be addressed such as scenario management techniques; switches and text strings to make models clear and flexible; and data validation to control inputs.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Be faster and more efficient in the use of the Excel tools used in modelling
- Have a clear method for building reliable, robust and flexible models
- Understand design principles and best practice
- Be efficient in spotting inconsistencies when auditing other people’s financial models
- Have a set of tools for analysing and sensitising financial models
- Navigating the workbook
- Setting up the model
- Creating the working sheets/sub models/outputs
- Creating the modules
- Formatting conventions
- Building in balance
- Using logical statements to model flexibility
- Scenario flexing
- Quality management
- Analysing data