In Edinburgh and Glasgow, Capital City has a number of clients all involved in the Fund and Wealth Management industry – either directly or in asset servicing. When these clients take on new hires into fast-track development paths, there is now almost an expectation that a relevant and targeted Initial Training Programme will be offered. It is often on the radar when top candidates are looking at potential employers. For many firms this simply is not economical due to the lower number of new hires they take on. This ‘semi-open’ programme offers almost all the benefits of those bespoke programmes but on a much more flexible basis.
We offer a condensed 5-day version for those who want a complete overview of the Asset Management industry without too much detail, plus a full 14-day programme carrying more depth. The 5-day programme covers:
- Industry overview and the role of all the participants
- Understanding clients, their needs, the risks and rewards they look for
- Equity vs. fixed income and alternatives
- Understanding derivatives and risk
- The organisation, investment process and lifecycle of a trade
- Structure of funds: UTs, OEICs and ETFs
- Investment styles and strategies overview: including the delegates’ own firms
- Interpreting fund performance
You will note that, although this is a programme open to a number of clients, the programme will look at the different styles, strategies and offerings for the delegates’ own firms. That is why this programme is different from other public offerings.
Programme structure and approach
The programme will be based around the client investment cycle.
Our philosophy surrounding the course structure is that a solid foundation of technical understanding, together with early exposure to the organisation’s investment and selling environment (from the business), will give graduates the confidence they understand the organisation’s Global Asset Management business by the time they reach their desk.
|Price per delegate|
|1-2 delegates||£2,500 + VAT|
|3-5 delegates||£2,250 + VAT|
|6+ delegates||£2,000+ VAT|